31st State ("we" or "us" or "our") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Recentia, 21 Elthiron Road, London SW6 4BN. By registering, subscribing or using our services, you consent to the use of your personal data in line with this policy.
Information we may collect from you
31st State may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site 31st-state.com. The information you give us may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our site, posting material, comments and reviews or using our services and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you attend an event, enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us or our affiliates, and when you report a problem with our site.
- Information that you might give us by using one of our social platforms and chats. If you login to our site using a social login, you will also be giving us access to your social data on the relevant social network in accordance to your social platform settings. Please remember that any content submitted to one of our social platforms can be viewed by the public, and we are not responsible for any actions taken by other individuals if you post personal information on one of our social media platforms.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence or conversation.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits and behavior or interactions you had while on our site and information about your preferences and shopping habits.
- Technical information related to your visit on our site, including but not limited to IP address, device identifier, operating systems, other website visited before or after the visit to 31st State.
- Information collected by third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, email marketing platforms, analytics providers, search information providers, and credit reference agencies) necessary to us to provide and improve our services to you or fulfill agreements we made with you.
IP addresses and cookies
Where we store your data
Uses made of the information
31st State use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site, social media and email content is presented in the most effective manner for you including remembering your preferences and interests.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. Offer you opportunities to participate in competitions or surveys.
- To provide you with an experience that is tailored to your interests and e.g. by offering you products you are interested in first on our website, or sending you personalised offers or promotions, or offering you advertising content on other websites or social media channels that is relevant to your interests measure the effectiveness of that advertising.
- For business purposes, including financial reporting and analysis, strategic planning, the development of customer segmentation and metrics to provide a consistent view of our customer base, research and analytics, to help us source and develop the right products in future, more effective targeting of our marketing campaigns. It will also be used to provide more tailored marketing by phone, post, email, SMS or any other means (electronic or otherwise) that you expressly agree to.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so.
- Reach you on social media, either directly or through tailored advertising content.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data, to provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you from relevant third parties and we may contact you about these by post, email or telephone and chats.
- Comments and reviews published on the site are public and can be used in promotions to other users and to improve our services. There will be a reference to your name or username.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
Disclosure of your information
31st State may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We do not disclose personal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers or partners, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that most search for a product rather than another, region where they live etc).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If 31st State or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of 31st State, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- In other circumstances where we have your consent or we are permitted to do so by law.
- In relation to business operations conducted by third parties on our behalf, including but not limited to deliver advertising, marketing, and campaigns, to analyse their effectiveness, and to manage customer’s contact and questions, analytics and search engine and website optimization, credit reference agencies to assess your credit score and verifying your details, process payments and fulfillment and delivery services.
We will not sell your personal information.
31st State contain links to and from third party websites, websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own Privacy Policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, and to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, and you can easily unsubscribe at any time. If you have an account with us, you can sign in to that account to update your personal information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
We will take reasonable care to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided to us. We also follow the security procedures that applicable privacy laws require. These cover storing, using and releasing any information you have provided and, as well as measures designed to prevent unauthorised access or use. When you place an order or access your account information, we use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption which encrypts your information before it is sent to us to protect it from unauthorised use.